This one takes a little more work effort other smoothies but it’s totally worth it.
– Handful of chopped rhubarb
– Splash of orange juice
– 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice (although I’m sure just cinnamon would be fine)
– 1 tbsp of honey (or 1 tsp of agave nectar for vegans)
– 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
– 2 packets of stevia or sweetener of choice
– a large handful of frozen strawberries
– splash of milk
Put rhubarb, orange juice, vanilla, honey, and spice in a saucepan and bring it to a boil for about five minutes (this will make your whole house smell absolutely amazing, by the way). Refrigerate to cool.
Slice frozen strawberries (and take this opportunity to eat a few because YUM), then combine the rhubarb concoction, frozen strawberries, and milk and Stevia in the blender until smooth.
If you don’t like things very tart, add another tablespoon of honey. You could also sprinkle some more of your favorite spice on top.
Update: I’m actually finding this to be just a tad too sweet, so next time I’ll probably only use a teaspoon of honey or leave out the Stevia. I might also double the spice to give it a kick. Other than that, it’s amazingly delicious. Probably the best smoothie I’ve made so far.